Movedo also offers multiple predefined positions for the language switcher, in the top bar of our Theme and in the Menu Elements, just beside the menu. Additionally, if you need to adjust a custom language switcher there is a specific reference in here.
Undoubtedly, Greatives team recommends the usage of WPML with Movedo if you wish to make your WP site runs multilingual with the easiest and safest way.
How to set and translate main features of Movedo
- Using translation management. Read more details
- Translation Management & Features. Read more details
- Translating URL slugs. Read more details
How to translate strings coming from Movedo
- How to scan the strings of Movedo. Read more details
- How to translate the strings of Movedo. Read more details
How to translate your admin texts via WPML
If not already, you have to save the Admin Language in WPML menu ( Set Default admin language ).
Now you can translate your admin texts via WPML interface under WPML – String Translation.
The context for Movedo theme is: admin_texts_movedo_grve_options
How to translate the strings without WPML
First of all, we recommend to use the PO Edit to edit and/or translate the static strings of Movedo.
When you install it follow the steps below:
- Go to /movedo/languages/ folder, open the .pot file and generate the po/mo files in your language.
- Translate the strings in your language into the “Translation” column.
- Click to save the file when you finish the translation. Then one .mo file will be created in the same directory.
- Upload these 2 files in /movedo/languages/ folder.
- Finally, you need to go to Settings > General and at the bottom of this page select your preferred language.
An alternative solution is with the usage of the Loco Translate plugin. You can easily locate the theme strings and edit these as you wish. This great plugin will regenerate the po/mo files with your changes.
Keep in mind that you do not need to translate all the theme’s strings, you can freely choose what to translate.
Last but not least, Movedo is fully compatible with the Polylang plugin.
Interested in translating a language for Movedo?
It would be grateful if you could help us translating Movedo in multiple languages. If your language isn’t included in Movedo and you translate it on your own, we’d really appreciate it if you could send it to us. In addition, we will include it in the next update of Movedo, so you won’t have to re-upload it. Finally, this will also help out many other users of Movedo.