Impeka also offers multiple predefined positions for the language selector, in the top bar of our Theme and in the Menu Elements, just beside the menu. Additionally, if you need to adjust a custom language switcher there is a specific reference here.
Undoubtedly, Greatives team recommends the usage of WPML with Impeka if you wish to make your WP site runs multilingual in the easiest and safest way.
How to set and translate the main features of Impeka
- Using translation management. Read more details
- Translation Management & Features. Read more details
- Translating URL slugs. Read more details
How to translate strings coming from Impeka
- How to scan the strings of Impeka. Read more details
- How to translate the strings of Impeka. Read more details
How to translate your admin texts via WPML
If not already, you have to save the Admin Language in WPML menu ( Set Default admin language ).
Now you can translate your admin texts via WPML interface under WPML – String Translation.
The context for Impeka theme is: admin_texts_impeka_grve_options
How to translate the strings without WPML
First of all, we recommend using the PO Edit to edit and/or translate the static strings of Impeka.
When you install it follow the steps below:
- Go to /impeka/languages/ folder, open the .pot file and generate the po/mo files in your language.
- Translate the strings in your language into the “Translation” column.
- Click to save the file when you finish the translation. Then one .mo file will be created in the same directory.
- Upload these 2 files in /impeka/languages/ folder.
- Finally, you need to go to Settings > General and at the bottom of this page select your preferred language.
An alternative solution is with the usage of the Loco Translate plugin. You can easily locate the theme strings and edit these as you wish. This great plugin will regenerate the po/mo files with your changes.
Keep in mind that you do not need to translate all the theme’s strings, you can freely choose what to translate.
Last but not least, Impeka is fully compatible with the Polylang plugin.
Interested in translating a language for Impeka?
We would be grateful if you could help us translating Impeka in multiple languages. If your language isn’t included in Impeka and you translate it on your own, we’d really appreciate it if you could send it to us. In addition, we will include it in the next update of Impeka, so you won’t have to re-upload it. Finally, this will also help out many other users of Impeka.