Keep in mind that we provide lifetime updates and dedicated support in order to have no problems with the new versions of WP. Besides that, Blade offers new features in every new release. So please, stay updated.
How to use the Blade Theme 1-click Update
This is for sure the easiest and fastest way to update Blade. The only thing you have to do is to activate the theme update
and enter your Themeforest username and an API key (from Envato).
Follow the steps below in order to use the auto update:
- Go Theme Options > Theme Update
- Enable Theme Update
- Insert your Themeforest username and an API key from your Envato account (Go Settings > API Keys on Envato’s account)
- Save changes and you’re ready.
When there is a new update of Blade you will be informed (message at top) in Appearance–>Themes screen and in Theme Options screen. Then you will be able to update Blade with just one-click. Don’t forget to update the required plugins in case that you are prompted.
How to update Blade manually (old-school method)
This is the old-school method for the updates of Blade.
Follow the steps below:
- Deactivate Blade – (activate one of the WP themes like Fourteen).
- Delete Blade (Don’t worry, your content will not be lost).
- Upload and install the new version of Blade, then activate it (upload it via FTP or via the WordPress upload function).
- If you won’t get an info message prompting you to update one or both of the required plugins of Blade (Visual Composer and Blade Extension Plugin) you’re ready.
It’s important to update all the required plugins in case that you are prompted so.
If you are installing your theme via the WordPress upload function, but receive a message that says “Are you sure you want to do this?”, you probably have an upload file size limit and we recommend to contact your host provider and ask them to increase the limit.
The overall process will take about 2 minutes. In case that you have a live site and you don’t want visitors to see another theme(like Fourteen) while you ‘re updating Blade, use one of the maintenance plugins like Ultimate Coming Soon Page.