Osmosis is WPML ready in case you need it. We also offer 2 positions for the language selector, one in the top bar of our Theme (if it’s enabled) and another one in the safe button of Osmosis.
So you’re able to easily use WPML without deforming the basic theme style.
Purchasing and Installing WPML
If you finally decide to use WPML (the most famous multilingual WP Plugin) you can purchase it from here. After installing and activating both Osmosis and WPML you can find a getting started guide in Getting started with WPML.
How to set and translate main features of Osmosis
- Using translation management. Read more details
- Translation Management & Features. Read more details
- Translating URL slugs. Read more details
How to translate strings coming from Osmosis
- How to scan the strings of Osmosis. Read more details
- How to translate the strings of Osmosis. Read more details
WPML language switcher and Osmosis
Osmosis also offers multiple predefined positions for the language switcher, in the top bar of our Theme and in the Safe Button. Additionally, if you need to adjust a custom language switcher there is a specific reference in here.
Undoubtedly, Greatives team recommends the usage of WPML with Osmosis if you wish to make your WP site runs multilingual with the easiest and safest way.
How to translate the strings without WPML
First of all, we recommend to use the PO Edit to edit and/or translate the static strings of Osmosis.
When you install it follow the steps below:
- Go to /osmosis/languages/ folder, open the .pot file and generate the po/mo files in your language.
- Translate the strings in your language into the “Translation” column.
- Click to save the file when you finish the translation. Then one .mo file will be created in the same directory.
- Upload these 2 files in /osmosis/languages/ folder.
- Finally, you need to go to Settings > General and at the bottom of this page select your preferred language.
Note: Keep in mind that you do not need to translate all the theme’s strings, you can freely choose what to translate.
Interested in translating a language for Osmosis?
It would be grateful if you could help us translating Osmosis in multiple languages. If your language isn’t included in Osmosis and you translate it on your own, we’d really appreciate it if you could send it to us. In addition, we will include it in the next update of Osmosis, so you won’t have to re-upload it. Finally, this will also help out many other users of Osmosis.